If you are not getting invited to interviews, there’s a very good chance it’s because of your resume.
That’s because all other factors aside…
If there is a problem with your resume, you are not going to make it through the screening process, and you are not going to get an interview.
The good news: I can help you determine exactly what you need to change or add in your resume to maximize your chances of getting chosen to interview for the jobs you desire. I do this through my Resume Review services.
What does a resume review entail?
My goal with each review is to identify and help you overcome the issues that are getting in the way of you getting called for interviews. Using a detailed resume review checklist, I review your resume line by line to determine whether your resume is in line with today’s best practices and standards for resumes. I then score your resume, indicating what you’re doing well and what specific areas need improvement. I also go one step further and give you recommendations for specific changes to make to have the best resume possible to maximize your chances of getting interviews.
* To find more about this fee including how to receive a “free” review, go HERE.
How to tell if your resume needs an update or overhaul:
As I said earlier, the biggest indicator that your resume is not effective is the fact that you’re not getting invited to interviews.
So if you’re not getting the job search results you want, the first thing you need to do is take a look at your resume.
Here are some examples of common problems with resumes. Some of these are things you might not think are that big a deal, but in today’s competitive job market, they are. And they could put you immediately out of the running for a job:
- Typos, inconsistent or unprofessional formatting and fonts;
- Using too “fancy” of a format (graphs, tables, etc.) that will not be read properly by ATS scanning devices;
- Dense content (too much text and not enough white space which makes it daunting to read);
- Missing or too much personal information in your heading, such as including your home address or not including a link to your LinkedIn profile or email address;
- Including an unprofessional email address or a ‘vintage’ email provider (Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.);
- Not having a clear resume title that tells the reader who you are/what role you are looking to fill;
- Having an “objective” statement instead of a professional summary, or having a professional summary that is not compelling;
- Listing all of your past employment experience even if it’s more than 15 years ago and/or not relevant;
- Using passive voice or redundant verbs when describing your job experience or accomplishments;
- Leaving out keywords pertaining to your desired position or industry;
- Focusing solely on what you did versus emphasizing what you accomplished;
- Having a resume that is too long (or too short);
- Including graduation dates or other dates that indicate your age;
- Listing things like hobbies and interests. Also, including “references available upon request” at the end.
Is your resume guilty of any of the above?
- If the answer is yes, it’s time to revise it so you can start to successfully compete for jobs today!
- If you’re not sure, I’m happy to take a look and give you my objective, expert feedback.
Ready to have an expert, objective review of your resume?
Here’s how the resume review process works:
- You send me your resume via email or the form below.
- I send an invoice (via PayPal) for $35.
- After I receive payment confirmation, I review your resume.
- Within 3 to 4 business days or less, you will receive the results of my review which will contain expert feedback and specific recommendations for how to revise your resume so you can get better results (interviews!). I will also include a quote for what it would cost to have me revise your resume for you.
- You can then revise your resume using the results of your review, or, if you’d rather not attempt it on your own, we can move forward with resume writing services.
Note: In accordance with the Terms and Conditions detailed HERE, all sales are final and no refunds will be given.
For a limited time, as a thank you for purchasing Resume Review services, I will send you at no charge:
- A modern, professional resume template in Word format that you can use to revise your resume (plus a description and tips for each section).
- A self-checklist to assess how you’re doing on the other critical pieces to job search success: Job Search Strategies and Mindset.
Yours FREE with the purchase of a resume review!
Let’s get started!
Would you like to feel the peace of mind and confidence that comes from knowing your resume is the best it can be? Are you ready to find out how you can turn your ineffective resume into an ageless, powerful marketing tool that displays the unique value that you bring to potential employers? The first step is a resume review.
Here are two ways to request a review. Please choose one of the options below:
- Send me an email with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach a copy of your current resume (as a Word or PDF document) to the email. In the email message, please tell me your desired job title for your next position. OR
- Use the form below. Fill in the information and then click “browse” to select and upload your resume in Word or PDF format and then click send.
Important: Sometimes requests get lost in cyberspace. If after sending me your resume you don’t receive a confirmation email or invoice from me within two business days, first check your ‘junk/bulk mail’ folder, and if it’s not there, please send me an email to email@example.com.